Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My Baby is sick!

Last Thursday, 09 October 2014, my dog "MAX" has no appetite, pale looking, listless with high body temperature. My mom send me a message about what happened and I instructed her to monitor my dog's condition.

After 2 hours someone advised me to rush my dog immediately to his Vet,  My mom and my boyfriend messaged me (as I was in the office that time) that my dog will under go some blood test. His vet injected 2 medicines (I think that was for his fever) and done some physical exams.

I was so scared, thinking how serious my dog's condition was and did I do something wrong to him, and Am I not responsible enough to be his furmom?

He has Flea and ticks around his head and feet but swear to god we buy lots of anti flea and tick shampoo, soap and powder but did not provide any effect on him.


My Baby Max and My Mom


after my work I rushed immediately to his Vet, These are the  prescribed meds:

  • LC Dox (anti bacterial) for 7 days
  • Iron Aid for 2 weeks
  • Broncure for 10 days
  • Paracetamol  for 3-5 days
  • Liv.52
  • and Dextrose Powder
his medicines

Next day his blood test result shows that he is positive with Ehrlichia, low count of platelets and white blood cells.
                                        
Count Normal Count
Himoglobin     54 g/l  120 to 180
Hematocrit 0.21 0.37 to 0.55
WBC Count 2.9 6 to 17
RBC Count 3.26 5.5 to 8.5
Platelet 26 200 to 900

WBC DIFFERENTIAL COUNT
Count Normal Values
Neutrophil 1.5 3.6 to 11.5
Lymphocyte 0.5 1.0-4.8
Monocyte 0.2 0.15 to 1.35
Eosinophil 0.1 0.1 to 1.25

     

Currently My dog is doing well, no more fever and energetic.

He is scheduled for check up tomorrow 16 October 2014 and I am hoping that he will be more okay and his platelets and white blood cells be normal again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tipid Tips: ConSuka (Conditioner+Suka)

Hi Everyone! Im here today to share some tipid tips lalo na ngayon na meron Pandemic (COVID-19) Since hindi tayo makapunta sa mga salon f...